Workplace Technologies Corporation (WTC) has been both an observer and a practitioner of the home workplace since 1994.Here you can learn a bit more about our company, our team and what we do. We also provide a wide range of senior information technology (IT) consulting services.
- CIO term contractors (interim IT executive management)
- IT Strategic Planning
- IT Program Management Enterprise
- IT Infrastructure Task Force Leadership
- Technology Plan Development / Assessment
- Product Evaluation
- Critical Infrastructure Assessment / Planning
- Threat-Risk Assessments
- Emergency Management Consulting Services
- Evacuation Planning
- Software Services
- Business Continuity Planning
- Enterprise Home Workplace Program Planning / Execution
- Home Workplace Consulting
A BUSINESS GUIDE TO THE HOME WORKPLACE Publication date = 2019 Free Download
THE HOME WORKPLACE: A BUILDER’S GUIDE TO ITS ENVIRONMENT, ENERGY AND ECONOMY Publication date = 2016 Free Download
Working at home today means struggling with products not built for the home workplace:
- system and network security threats;
- poor audio and video;
- misuse of bandwidth,
- videoconferences with postage-stamp-sized talking heads; and
- poor workflow coordination …
Recent studies show that average home-bound workers are putting in 40% more screen time, but only accomplishing 65% as much work as before.
So what’s the problem?
- … it’s not “Telework”
- … it’s not “Flexiplace”
- … it’s not “Virtual Office”
- … it’s not “Remote”,
It is HOME WORKPLACE.
And, NO, a cell phone, a tablet or a laptop or even a desktop is NOT a home workstation. Worse still, you cannot just go down to BestBuy and pick out a home workstation. You can mix-and-match components, but most organizations don’t really understand what a home workstation should include.
On the positive side, your current (entirely tactical) COVID-19 home workplace deployment gives you the opportunity to learn from doing as well as to formulate a comprehensive home workplace strategy for the future. This requires CEO leadership.
Founded in Long Beach, CA in 1994, WTC is in the business of strategic technology planning and management consulting, but our principal research and development effort is in the field of home workplace technology, an area our principals have been exploring since the early 1980’s. We believe that most of the potential benefits from home workplace have yet to be realized and that North America can significantly improve industrial productivity, flexibility and creativity by wide-scale adoption of the home workplace.
We can assist you with COVID-19 home workplace deployment advisory, oversight and assessment for now and for the future.
We can also provide assistance with:
- pre-deployment planning;
- deployment management; and
- leveraging the home workplace for resilience (homergency management).
Please contact us for more information.