MIGRATING TO OPEN SYSTEMS: TAMING THE TIGER, McGraw Hill, 1993.
IMPLEMENTING OPEN SYSTEMS, McGraw Hill, 1995.
THE HOME WORKPLACE: A BUILDER’S GUIDE TO ITS ENVIRONMENT, ENERGY AND ECONOMY Publication date = 2012 Free Online Download
REGULAR MONTHLY COLUMN
TECHNOLOGY COMPASS, Technology in Government Magazine, Ottawa (2005 – 2007)
This publication is read by many public-sector IT professionals throughout Canada and is also on the Web. See www.itbusiness.ca – search site for ‘perley’ to read recent articles. ‘
TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT, HUM Magazine, Ottawa (1993-1996)
Similar publication to TIG, as described above.
PAPERS AND ARTICLES
MANAGING THE MIGRATION TO OPEN SYSTEMS, OPEN SYSTEMS TODAY, November 15, 1993.
A NOVEL PROCUREMENT PROGRAM: CANADIAN TRANSPORT ADOPTS FAR-REACHING UNIX MIDRANGE SYSTEM ACQUISITION PROGRAM, UNIX TODAY, May 13, 1991.
POINTS OF DEPARTURE: IMPLEMENTATION OF OPEN SYSTEMS IN A TRANSPORTATION COMPANY , Presented at North American Open Systems Conference Corporation for Open Systems (COS), May 17, 1991.
ADVANCED INFORMATION HANDLING IN TRUCKS: THE FOUR REALITIES, Presented on behalf of Computing Devices Company at the 1987 Micronex Electronics Conference – Transportation Electronics Section – Winnipeg, Manitoba.
AM QUADRATURE PHASE MODULATION FOR THE ADVANCED TRAIN CONTROL SYSTEM PROJECT, Presented on behalf of Computing Devices Company at the Advanced Train Control Systems Specification Development Committee meeting, Toronto, Ontario, August, 1986.
MULTI-ZONE COMPOSITE WARNING SYSTEM MODEL FOR THE POINT LEPREAU NUCLEAR GENERATING STATION, Presented at the Second Conference on Computer Simulation in Emergency Planning, San Diego, California, January, 1985.
NEW WARNING SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGIES: THE CANADIAN COMPOSITE WARNING SYSTEM APPROACH, Presented at the Emergency Planning Canada High Technology Symposium, Arnprior, Ontario, September, 1984.
OFFICE TECHNOLOGY AND WORKPLACE DECENTRALIZATION, Presented at the Data Processing Institute Conference, March, 1983.
THE NEED FOR DEFENCE-ORIENTED SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY POLICIES IN SMALLER NATO COUNTRIES – THE CANADIAN AVRO CF-105 ARROW AS A CASE STUDY, Presented at the International Exposition and Conference for the Defence Industries, Chicago, Ill, February 18-21, 1979 and published in DEFENCE AND FOREIGN AFFAIRS JOURNAL 4/5, 1979.
COMPOSITE WARNING SYSTEM BUILDER’s GUIDE, Workplace Technologies Corporation, 2012
BRIEFS TO GOVERNMENT BODIES
BACK FROM THE AIRLINE ABYSS: A NEW CIVIL AIR TRANSPORT POLICY FOR CANADA – POSITION PAPER, Brief to House of Commons Transport Committee, October 25, 1999
HOME WORKPLACE: CANADA’S FUTURE, Brief to the Citizen’s Forum on Canada’s Future, February, 1991.
THE DECENTRALIZED WORKPLACE AND THE INDUSTRIAL FUTURE OF CANADA, Published by Goodwood Data Systems, the Liberal Party of Canada, Bonaventure Systems and Subsequently by Perley Technologies Corporation (PTC).
WORKPLACE DECENTRALIZATION AND CANADA’S FUTURE, Brief to the Royal Commission on the Economic Union and Development Prospects for Canada, November, 1983.
2012 Project/Activities Summary for Andrew Robinson and the ISA team
1. Design and implementation options for the Canadian national Wireless Public Alerting Dissemination (WPAD) system using a cell broadcast foundation
2. Design and development of a Chrome App based Top Hazard Evacuation Planning Tool for Emergency Management, Public Security/Safety and Campus Officials
3. Cloud SME and Industry (Carriers/Utilities) Liaison for Public Safety Cyber Security Architecture Framework Group
4. Joint Technical Committee (JTC) 1, SC 39, “Sustainability for and by IT”, Working Group 1, ISO 30131-30134 Standards Global Editor and Development for Resource Efficient DataCentres (REDC): Taxonomy and Maturity Model [ISO 30131]
5. Environment Scan and Technical Requirements Development for Advanced Modular Data Centre Designs: “Data Centre in a box/container” or “Converged Infrastructure”
6. Participating industry partner in the uOttawa led WiSense project being conducted jointly with Queens, McMaster and Waterloo University. Invited Judge for Graduate Poster Projects.
7. Invited speaker and participation in the MIT Photonics semi-annual technology roadmapping event
8. Participating SME in the PS 700 Mhz working groups on design/technical architecture and operations and face to face security design and network architecture review meetings.
9. Presentation and participation in numerous other technical conferences, Disaster Risk Reduction, Canadian Risk Hazards Network, Canadian Interoperability Technology Interest Group (CITIG), Southern California Technology (SoTeC), Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP), Emerging Security Issues ”BYOD” presentation, etc.
2012/13 Presentations/Standards Meeting Participation:
1. June 2012, Redwood Shores, ISO 30131 Presentation, Canadian SME
2. June 28 2012, AITP, Cyber Security Emerging Issues: BYOD
3. GTEC Panel discussion on highly sensitive info delivery via mobile devices
4. July 2012, uOttawa, Innovation Prospects 2017-2040 Team
5. August 2012, Frankfurt, ISO 30131 Presentation, Canadian SME and Head of Delegation
6. Sept 2012, MIT Photonics Symposium, ISO 30131 Presentation
7. Oct 31-Nov 2 2012, Jeju, Korea, JTC1 SC 39, Working Group1/2, Task Force 1/2 meetings
8. Nov 5 2012, Jeju Korea, JTC1 Plenary R1) Sustainability for and by IT – Energy and Resource Efficiency
9. January 14-18, 2013, Santa Clara, CA, JTC 1 SC 39, WG 1 ISO 30131 Working Draft Presentation, Canadian Head of Delegation and SME
10. March 4-6, Green Grid Forum and maturity model tutorial participation, Santa Clara.